Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pizzaghetti... just trust me on this one.





I thought I'd spice things up just a bit with this one... I know this sounds like a really odd combination, but I'm here to tell you, it was one of the most delicious meals I've had in a while. Try it and let me know if it works for you, or if mom and I are just the weirdos we've always felt like we are. hehe

Pizzaghetti

1 lb ground meat (I like turkey, but if you use beef, try to get 80/20 if you can.. it'll be so much better)
2 bell peppers (it's prettier if you use two different colors!)
1 cup diced onions
1 tbsp jar garlic
1 can tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 tbsp Italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp each oregano, thyme and basil)
salt and pepper to taste

dice peppers to 1/4 inch pieces. add seasoning, onion, garlic and peppers to dutch oven over med high heat and cook until onions are caramelized and peppers are quite soft. add tomato paste and let brown. add meat and stir occasionally until all meant is no longer pink. at this point, all the grease will have released from the meat and it will start to actually brown. you will have to keep an eye on it at this point so it doesn't get TOO dark, but you want all the meat to get truly brown. this will make the flavor so much richer. Serve with Parmesan and enjoy!

That's pretty much it. Once everything is good and brown, you are ready to serve. It tastes like pizza like this, but if you serve it over crispy garlic toast, you've now got the crust along with all the toppings! Just like a supreme pizza! If you're interested, I'm sure this would make a fantastic pasta sauce too. Let me know if you try it and it's good! :) Just remember, always make it e-Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment