Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lime Chess Bars



You can look all over the Internet and find hundreds of recipes for chess pies, but I've never seen one that was specifically for lime. Sometimes, a girl just wants lime! What I REALLY wanted was a Key Lime pie, but, alas, didn't have all the ingredients for that.. so I says to mom, I says.. "Don't ya 'spose we could make the chess pie, but with lime juice instead of lemon, and maybe it would be pretty darn close?" She, being just as adventurous as I, says sure! So, we took a pretty bare basics chess recipe, added our own special twist to it, and I tell ya... it smells FANFREAKINGTASTIC in here! (this is probably where I should mention that we also don't use pie crusts, cuz we like just eating the pie! But don't worry, this is not one of those oooky sweet ones, so it's okay to not have the crust to balance it out!) Enjoy!





Lime Chess Bars
preheat oven to 350
spray non-stick spray in 8 or 9 in pan


1c sugar
1/2c butter, melted
2tbsp flour
3tbsp lime juice
1tsp vanilla
1tbsp cider vinegar
3 large eggs

beat eggs by hand until lemon colored and frothy. add in flour, sugar and vinegar and mix just enough to incorporate. add butter, vanilla and lime juice and mix just enough. pour into baking pan and bake for 45 minutes. will brown and rise while baking, but will fall when cooling. cut into bars

No comments:

Post a Comment